I'm A Hustler!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at our hospice talking with a patient named John.  We had just returned to his room from the smoking gazebo, where John smoked a small cigar.  He was very talkative and talked about his years in prison and drug abuse!



He told me about the construction jobs he had done between prison stays.  He went back to his childhood and the time that he started doing drugs and the crimes that supported his habit.

He told me about his life on the streets, and his life running from the law, parole violations was his continuing problem!  Living on the streets and being on the run meant that you had to think and act differently than everyone else.

John had to hustle for work and a place to live.  When the law was looking for him, he had to find work by word-of-mouth only!  John looked at me and said proudly, "I'm a hustler!"  He sure was, he survived a hard life on the run for many years!



John's medication was now taking affect.  He was given morphine for anxiety, and another medication for something else.  He was feeling good!  I told him that the pills he is taking now are legal and he didn't have to worry about it!

After John told me this story, he died four days later!

Do you know anyone that had been on the run?  Can you tell us about it in the comment section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts