I'm Scared!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

It was a beautiful Saturday morning when I pulled up to our hospice.  After chatting with Albert, our security guard, I got my badge and checked the board.  All three floors were open, but the census was a bit light.



Someone had already made coffee this morning, so I just grabbed the mint container and headed down the hallway.  I usually fill all of the mint jars and use mints to break the ice when visiting folks.

As soon as I got to the first floor nurse's station, they immediately had a patient for me to visit!  They were very relieved that I was now there to help them out with this patient!



The patient, Delores, was on the phone, so I finished putting out mints on the other two floors and then returned.  I didn't realize that I would be in that room for the next seven hours!  But it was a wonderful seven hours.  It's always wonderful when I can help someone!

In those seven hours Delores would tell me about a hundred times that she was scared!  He husband had died only four months ago, and her son wanted to put her in another nursing home.  All of that with her throat and tongue cancer would make anyone scared!  It would make me scared as well!



I visited with her and we played word games for seven hours and she felt much better.  I don't think that it was a permanent fix, but I did what I could to give her some comfort.  Sometimes that is all I can do.  Hopefully, God will sent another to finish my work of compassion.

Do you know of someone who was scared?  Can you tell us about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com


Comments

Popular Posts