Yannick From Cameroon

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had just arrived at our hospice.  I checked the break room for fresh coffee and made sure there was some cups, and other things out for out guests.   I grabbed the mint can and took off.  I had about forty-five minutes before red tape day starts.



It was red tape day here at the hospice starting at ten-thirty this morning.  That is when all of our volunteers get together and update out paperwork and personnel information.  We can have our required TB test done and we have a new hand washing class.  Yup, they teach us the proper way to wash our hands!

At the nurses station was a young black man.  I started to visit with him.  He told me that he was a Russian with a grin on his face.  I looked at his name badge and I told him he had a Nigerian family name.  With a smile on his face, he said that he was from Cameroon.  I laughed and told him that I was close.



Cameroon is next to Nigeria, and he was from the western part of Cameroon.  He looked to be in his thirties.  He had a very round head!  I've never seen someone with such a big round head!  Of course I didn't tell him what I was thinking!

He said that he had been in America for eleven years, and would some day return home.  We discussed politics in Cameroon.  Being in Africa, they have a dictator of course.  I knew a little about the country and Yannick told me all about it.



He seemed like a very good hospice nurse, and a registered nurse to boot.  That will have to be a question for next time. I never did ask how he had gotten that Russian name!

Do you know anyone from the African country of Cameroon?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button in the menu so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts