New Shadows And Old Shadows

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had a new shadow this morning as I do my rounds of the hospice.  A "shadow" is what we call new hospice volunteers who are tagging along with experienced hospice volunteers.  My new shadow is Alexandra, or as she is called, Alex.



Alex is a young twenty-one year old petite Hispanic lady.  She is planning to go to medical school at a later time.  She is kinda of a quiet and timid girl, but very nice!

While Alex and I were walking down the second floor, out of a room comes Scott, another young volunteer who was my shadow two weeks ago!  We talk for awhile and Scott and Alex talk even longer, about graduate school and other things that I was ignorant about!



It was a welcome surprise to see Scott!  It was nice to see him doing a great job volunteering at our hospice and doing good in the world!  Alex and I went down to the volunteer office and I had another welcomed surprise.

While we were in the volunteer office, Anita came in for her badge.  Anita has been a volunteer for about twenty years.  She comes after me on Saturday's.  Then behind her Claudia comes in also!  Claudia shadowed me last summer.  She is a beautiful and sweet lady who is doing wonders here!



Have you ever meet an old trainee or employee?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop









Comments

Popular Posts