The Good Sons

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

My new shadow and I were in a room visiting a patient and her son.  My shadow was Alexandra, or Alex as she goes by.  She is a petite twenty-one year old college girl.  She is a very nice lady.



We walked in and introduced ourselves.  The Patient was quietly resting and the man, a son of the patient was sitting by her side.  He was an elderly African-American man with graying hair,  We sat down at his invitation and had a nice talk.

He worked for a local chemical company all of his life.  I told him that he had been blessed with a good paying job.  He readily agreed!   He was a good Christian man who understood God's blessings in his life.



He did mention that he allowed someone in Texas City to manage his retirement money and they had lost it all.  It sounded like a sad story, so I changed the direction of the conversation.

This good man was staying with his mother and when his shift is up, his brother was coming in to be with her.  By taking shifts, their mother would never be alone!  They were such good sons to be with their mother in the last few days of her life!



I told him that he was a good son!  I told him that he was such a blessing to his mother and that he and his brother were such good sons!  It;s always a blessing to me to meet such wonderful people!

Do you know of good people in your life?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts