Tears For An Old Friend

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was with my new volunteer trainee, Alex, a young twenty-one year old Hispanic lady.  She is a future doctor!  We both went into a room of a patient of a middle aged man.



The room was slightly dark.  The lights were out but had some light coming through the window and doorway.  There was a middle aged man standing over him.  We walked closer to the bed, and I am now next to the man.

He is holding a phone next to the patient in the bed.  The phone is playing older pop music.  The man holding the phone is crying!  I gently put my arm around him to provide some comfort.  He turns toward me and looks at me though red eye's that had been clearly crying for some time!



I didn't say anything, I didn't have too, my arm around him said it all!  I says to me in a cracking soft voice, "I'm playing the music that we grew up with!  We were best friends in high school!"

The man was now overcome with grief and quickly left the room!  He left Alex and I speechless and alone with the patient.  I told Alex that we should sit with him for awhile.  And we did so until the nurse came in to provide care.  We then quietly left the room, feeling that, a sacred moment had taken place!

Do you know of an old friendship story?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts