I Was The Lucky One!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was in a patients room visiting.  I had Alexandra with me as a shadow.  She is a twenty-one year old Hispanic lady, a future doctor!  It's nice to see young hospice volunteers!



  Geoffrey was an Englishman from Newcastle, England.  He had worked in the oil business all of his life.  He had worked with compressors all over the world.  Oil fields are full of compressors.

He retired in Humble, Texas, He and his wife had two daughters together, and they were in Texas as well.  The first daughter was born in England and the second daughter was born in Texas.



I noticed the picture of his wife on the table next to him.. He said that she had passed away already.  I took to picture and told him that she was a beautiful lady!  I showed the picture to Alex.

I asked Geoffrey how he had meet his wife.  He said that he had meet her at a dance and fell in love with her at first sight!  He said that they married and she had followed him all over the world.  I told Geoffrey that she was a lucky woman to be married to him!



He looked at me and pointed at his chest and said, "I was the lucky one!"  A tear came to his eye's and he repeated himself, "I was the lucky one!"  I' think that they were both the lucky ones!  As he shed a tear, I told him that he would see her again!  He nodded, "yes."

Do you know of people in love?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop








Comments

  1. I loved Gwen with all my heart, it was very difficult when she passed. She is so much better off where she is now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you did! She is loving where she is at now and not looking back. Soon we both will be with her again for eternity.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts