My Two Very Smart Shadow's

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was in the hallway on the second floor with my new volunteer that was shadowing me this morning.  Her name is Alex, a young petite Hispanic lady.  She had asked me earlier if other young people volunteer at our hospice.  That was about thirty minutes prior.



Just then coming out of a patients room came Scott!  He was my volunteer trainee two weeks ago!  You can read more about him in the post called, "The Philosopher."  When he came out of the room he gave me a warm greeting and a hand shake.

Scott is a young guy in his twenties. It was a pleasant surprise to see him since I didn't know he was there.   He is a very smart and sharp fellow.  He turned out to be an answer to Alex's question.  Yes, we do have young folks volunteering at our hospice.



He right away shook my hand and happily said that he decided to take my advice and go on a European adventure.  I was glad to hear it.  He will be a good learning experience for Scott to leave the country and visit new places.  He asked me if he should go to France or Germany.  I advised Germany or even Holland.  I told him that Amsterdam was an awesome city!

Alex wants to go to medical school and Scott was also thinking about it.  So they bonded immediately and started talking about future school plans.  They immediately started talking way above my head!  Both of them are very smart!  It was a great joy to me to listen to these young folks to speak of their great plans.  It gives me great hope for the future!



Do you work with young people?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts