Where Is Maria?

Hello Everyone.  Praise the Lord!

Scott and I visited a patient by request of one of the hospice nurses.  Scott is a young man who is a new volunteer that just came out of training.  I very nice young guy who wants to give back to the community.  Young people like him gives me hope for the future!















The older lady that we visited with was coherent and alert.  We got her a cup of coffee with two sugars.  She liked it and slowly sipped on it while we were there.  She was a very nice older lady but had an issue.

She kept asking for Maria.  She said that Maria was a friend and was there earlier, but she stepped out to go shopping.  We tried to ease her anxiety by assuring her that Maria would soon return, but it didn't do much good.  She kept asking where was Maria.



I started to think that Maria didn't exist, and that it might have been an illusion, or she was talking about her nurse.  Her nurse was named Maria.  But we went and got some water for her.  Cold water!  I asked her nurse about Maria and she readily said that Maria was indeed there this morning and stepped out and would be back soon.

That made me feel much better that Maria did exist!  I didn't see any personal belongings in the room, so I was glad that a friend had been there.  No one should be alone at the end of their lives!

Do you volunteer in your community?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts