The Philosopher

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

It was a beautiful morning this Saturday  Cool, but not cold.  It was very good sweater weather.  I was here to meet a guy named Scott.  He is my latest hospice trainee.  I didn't know anything about him, just a name.  Which is fine, I will meet him soon enough!



As I walked into the hospice, I greeted Al our Saturday security guard.  I didn't speak to him long when Scott rounded the corner.  He was in his early twenties.  He had just graduated from the University of Southern California, and studied philosophy.

We had a really great time together.  We visited several patients and family members.  Scott did a great job!  One of those patients was the older lady white lady who kept asking for Maria.  You can read about it in the post called "Maria."  Also, "Slow down Scott," and "I want to go home."



We sat with her and talked.  Scott quoted a lot of med-evil philosophers.  He had a good memory and remembered all of that stuff.  I kidded him and told him that there are no jobs for philosophers and that is why he sells boxes for a living!

I'm calling him "My Philosopher."  He grew up in Idaho to an American father, a truck driver, and his mother was from Columbia.  She lives in Florida with another truck driver.  They were divorced.  For all of that turmoil in his early life he turned out okay!

Do you know of anyone who studied philosophy?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts