That Still Small Voice

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had finished my time visiting patients and family member at hospice.  I was visiting with Al, our security guard.  We were talking about politics and his big pay raise.  He had just got a five dollar an hour pay raise!



After showing a nice couple to the elevators, I returned and told Al that I couldn't decide if I was going to get a burger at Burger King or picking up a pizza,  Al said that Pizza Hut had a special pizza deal.

I said a pizza would be nice.  Al jumped on the internet and we ordered my pizza!  He did it so fast, I told him that it looked like he had done it a thousand times before!  He laughed and said that he has ordered a bunch.

Pizza Hut was about a mile away.  I went straight there, parked and went into the building.  I had seen several beggars at the intersection, a common sight around here.



I walk in and there is a black family sitting on the side and a black kitchen staff.  The family was a short skinny man, a fat woman and two small children.  The Jackson Five was singing on the radio.  I said, "The Jackson Five, that's from back in the day!"  The little man agreed.

My pizza was already ready to my surprise!  I paid and a still small voice told me to keep some money out in my hand.  I was obedient and kept the dollar in my hand.



As I walked out of the building and going to my car, the little guy walked behind me and said, "Mister, can you give me $2.50 for bus fare?  The pizza took all of my money."  So I said sure, too two dollars from my wallet and gave him the dollar in my hand.

Has any one asked you for bus fare?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts