Lonliness

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was visiting a patient with my new trainee, Scott.  He is a nice young man in his early twenties fresh out of college.   We had a great time together and did a lot of good at the hospice today.



While we were just sitting there talking, he told me how lonely was his generation!  His generation spent most of their time behind a screen, I told him!  Whether it was a computer at work, or at home or their cell phones.

I told him that that was the problem, and that they need to learn to put all of the computer stuff away and just talk to people!  Nothing beats face to face contact.

Scott readily agreed and he took great strides in limiting his own cell phone usage.  I was with him for seven hours and I didn't see him on his cell phone one time.  A wonderful thing for a young man in his twenties!  When he was saying that his generation was very lonely, I think that he was right, but I also think that he was also referring to himself!



We had a great time and at about four in the afternoon, we were messing around in the volunteer office, and Elissa popped in.  She was taking down some Christmas decorations and Scott went with her to help her out.  What a great guy!

Do you know of any lonely people?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts