The Returning Volunteer

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I arrived at nine in the morning at the hospice.  That is my regular time every two weeks.  This time it is a little different, I am meeting a lady who will shadow me this morning.  It was a cloudy and cool morning.



As I walk in the front doors, Martie is there to greet me.  She is a white lady of about sixty.  She had been a volunteer years ago and had quit because she didn't think that she was doing any good.  She decided to return and try again.  God bless her.

I showed her the patient board and we went in the break room.  There we made two pots of coffee and put some cups out and talked a lot about her past volunteering and why I volunteer.  A couple of nurses had come in and we had a good pep talk!



We went around all three floors and visited several rooms and had great visits in those rooms.  Martie did a fantastic job.  She does has a big self confidence problem.  I told her I had the same self doubts when I started out as well, and I managed to work through them.

We ended our morning sitting in the downstairs break room talking about the holidays and our families.  She is a good person to chat with, and for that reason I think that she will succeed.

Have you ever had self confidence problems?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts