Slow Down

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

While Scott and I were visiting with a patient and her son.  Sarah, the Charge nurse came into the room and asked that when we were done to come upstairs to visit with someone else.  You can read about that visit in the post called "History Lesson."  That made me curious since that request doesn't happen too often!



After a brief stop at the downstairs break room, we took the elevator to the second floor.  We walked to the nurses station and there was an elderly Hispanic lady in a wheel chair.  She was constantly complaining and kept saying that she wanted to go home.

The nurses asked us to take her out into the back garden.  It was a beautiful day and the nurses wanted some peace and quiet!  So I grabbed the wheel chair and with Scot following we headed to the garden.  We rolled her around the garden, the the first floor, the third floor and the second floor.



I was hoping to get her back in her room, but she did not want to go!  So, I was pooped out by this time and Scott took over.  We went back to the garden.  Scott is young and strong and was pushing her too fast for me,  I kept telling him to slow down!  I kept telling him that we really were not going anywhere!  We were just killing time and we need to slow down!  Plus, I couldn't keep up!  I'm getting too old!

We eventually took her back to the nurses station after about two and a half hours of pushing her around.  We had to sit at the nurses station to rest up, or at least I had too!  We did our job, we gave the nurses a few hours break!

Do you know of someone in a wheel chair that you had to push around?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so  that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts