Moments

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was upstairs in one of the back rooms of our hospice.  I was in the room with a fifty-six years old lady patient lying peacefully in bed, and her husband who was sitting on the chair.  She is an Hispanic immigrant from Bolivia, her husband is from the local area.



When I walked into the room and introduced myself, and asked him if he needed some company, he broke down into tears!  He then started to tell me about his wife.  Actually she was his long-time live-in girlfriend,  but for practical reasons I'll just call her his wife.

He told me how they had meet and where she was from, and about her family.  He had meet her after she had battled breast cancer and won.  That didn't bother him and he loved her anyway.



He shared with me the eight wonderful years that they had together.  When he shared the stories, he would gently weep and shake his head and say, "moment, moments."  The moments that we shared together, he would tell me!

He loved his wife very much and treasured their time together.  I now that when she passes, he is going to miss her.  It was sad because she was still very young.  Fifty-six years old is just too young to die.

Do you know of anyone who has died of breast cancer?  Can you tell us about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop



Comments

Popular Posts