Maybe It Was A Good Thing

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I came in a bit early this beautiful Saturday morning to volunteer at our hospice.  I walked in the front doors and had a visit with Albert, our Saturday security guard.  After getting my badge and reviewing the patient board, I walked into the break room.



There was a middle-aged man and a woman sitting at a table to my right.  Another middle-aged lady was to the left putting some creamer in her coffee.  While she was doing that, I checked the utensil dispensers.  I filled them up and cleaned up a bit.

The lady getting her coffee had rejoined the other two at the table.  So, I checked the tow coffee dispensers.  Both were now empty.  The dispensers are silver in color and have the words "caffeinated" and "decaffeinated" clearly written on them.



But the caffeinated one is always on the right side!  Somehow they had gotten switched and I didn't notice.  I didn't take the time to read the cans either.  For some reason I just didn't do it.

I had made the caffeinated pot first, then I started the decaffeinated pot next.  Then I finally looked and I had made caffeinated coffee in the decaffeinated dispenser!  And decaffeinated coffee was dripping into the caffeinated dispenser!



When I noticed what was going on, I was shocked!  But, the dye was caste, and I had to finish.  I asked the lady who had gotten some coffee if she could get some more.  She looked a little puzzled until I had explained what had just happened.

She got up and grabbed a large cup and filled it up.  I filled up a large cup for myself also.  Then I had no other choice but to dump all of the rest down the drain.  When the second pot finished brewing, I dumped it down the drain as well.



Then I re-brewed both pots and made sure that they went into the correct dispensers this time!  I told the group sitting there that that was a first for me to do that kind of a mistake.  We all had a little laugh about it.

Maybe it was a good thing, they had been discussing the cremation of their loved ones body and were all very sullen.  This little incident kind of took their mind off of things, even if it was for just a few minutes!

Have you ever made such a mistake as this?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts