Don't Waste The Sunshine

Hello Everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I walked into a room with a middle aged African-American woman and her uncle, which was the patient.  He was asleep due to the medications given to him to make him comfortable.  When I walked in I noticed the the lady gave me a fast smile.  When I seen that, I knew that I would have a visit.



The lady's name was Charliezetta.  She was a retired army medic.  I sat next to her and she started talking freely.  She was playing video games on a ipad, she quickly put that away to visit with me.

We were having a nice talk about her life and the life of her uncle.  We were talking about how cold it had been lately and that now it was sunny and warming up.  I then peeked out the closed shutters and some sunshine came in the dark room.



Charliezetta said to open the shutters because she didn't believe in wasting sunshine!  She said, "Don't waste the sunshine."  It sounded like a good policy to me!  So I opened up the shutters and let in the light.

Do you know of a time when you didn't want to waste the sunshine?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you like this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts