Lucky Dog

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was talking to one of our awesome hospice nurses.  This one usually worked at night, but was working today because she was called in to fill in for someone else.  I think that I had seen her years ago, but I'm not sure.



She had spent some time in the Marines and told me about one of her assignments to Estonia.  A secret mission in the late nineties.  But she then started to talk about her father.  Her father and mine were both carrier Air Force men.  I spent four years in the Air Force myself.

Her father was a B-52 side door gunner!  On the right side.  He was stationed in the United States, but he was also in Vietnam.  He was very close to the border with North Vietnam with the 93rd Bomber Group.  His bomber was called the "Lucky Dog."



He had made history by taking part in the very first B-52 bomber mission into North Vietnam!  It was a four plane bombing mission.  The Lucky Dog was one of them, and this nurses father was one of the door gunners!

Do you know of someone who fly in a military bomber?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you do not miss any!

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts