The Dog Bowl

Hello Everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was in the downstairs break room making coffee before I left for the day, when a pretty young lady came in and started to look in the cabinets.  When I notice what she is doing, she quickly apologizes!  I told her that it was quit alright.



She then asked me if we had a bowl that she could use.  I said that we might have one in the volunteer office. She said that she needed a bowl for water for her two dogs!  Pets of loved ones are welcome in the hospice since they offer much comfort.

 So I told her that I would check.  I got the keys from Al our security guard.  I got two bowls, a big one and a small one.  I failed to ask if she had a large dog or a small dog.  So I brought both out to her.



She was not in the break room but was around the corner standing in the hallway with her father.  When I walked up with the bowls, she gave a beautiful smile.  It was a simple request, but an important one for her.

I said that I had a small one and a big one because I failed to ask how big was her pooches.  She took the small one and said that one would be fine.  She smiled and thanked me.



Her father was standing with us and I noticed that he had a military pin on the front of his shirt.  When I asked if he was in the army, I noticed that the young lady gave an expression of  "here we go again!"  She turned and quickly left and walked down the hallway.

Have you done a simple but important task for someone else?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

  1. Did not understand her comment and what was meant by it. Was she angry you asked or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Farr Files, thanks for the comment! No, she wasn't angry at all. She just understood that her father had told his story about his fathers service in the Army many, many times! She wasn't angry, she just didn't want to hear it all over again.

      Delete
    2. You can read about her father's story in the post called, "10th Mountain Division."

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts