Eight Lawyers!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had just left a family and had gone downstairs to the break room.  A room with two African-American women and one man with an elderly patient, their mother laying in the bed.  You can read more about them in the post, "A Grateful Family."



They were a talkative and friendly family, at least to me anyway!  I had given them some mints and later went up and let them pick out some prayer cloths.  You can read about those in the post, "Prayer Cloths."  They picked out five or six prayer cloths.

I had left them and gone downstairs as I said at first.  I was just checking the coffee pot before I left for the day.  When Dr. Glass walked into the break room after me to get a cup of coffee.



She had seen me leave their room and had a concerned look on her face.  She told me as she turned around that the family had eight lawyers working for them in a battle over the inheritance of their mothers possessions!

I have heard of a couple of lawyers working for family members, but never eight!  I did notice while talking with them that there was a lot of tension in the air!  It just goes to show that when I visit a patient and their family member, you just don't know what is going on behind the scene!

Do you know of anyone with a lot of lawyers working for them?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you like these stories please click on the "follow" button so you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts