The Refined Lady

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had asked the nurses if there was anyone I could visit.  They said that the room just behind me was a doctor who was a patient and his wife might like a visit.  I seen the closed door and mentioned it to them.  They said that they were too noisy for her.  So I decided to go in.



I knocked on the door and let myself in.  The man was in the bed asleep but comfortable.  His wife was sitting in the corner on the couch.  She was reading a book and had a crossword puzzle book on the couch next to her.

I approached her and offered her some mints that I was giving out.  She took a few and put her book down.  I sat down for a visit.

The lady was sitting erect with proper poster.  She was wearing expensive clothing and looked very classy.  Her hair was well done and her makeup was perfect, as if someone else had done it for her.  She looked very rich and refined!  Apparently the doctor had made a lot of money during his carrier!



It seemed that she would have a short visit just to humor me.  She talked about their large ranch in Montana where they spent the summers and her home here in Houston where they lived in the winter.
I told her that my parents did that for a while.

But I mentioned that they had a small house which kinda turned her off a bit.  She then said in a classy way that she would really like to finish her book.  So I politely excused myself.

Have you ever meet a refined lady such as that?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts