I Have You A Prospect

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was standing at the front doors talking politics with Al the security guard.  There was an elderly African-American lady who came in and said that she was waiting for her niece.  I said that she is welcome to sit on the sofa.  About ten minutes later an African-American family group came in, two women and one man joined the other lady.



One of the women said to me, "I have you a prospect and I'm here for a tour!  I was a bit openly shocked!  No one had ever referred to a patient in those terms!  She seemed embarrassed and insulted by my reaction!  I should have apologized right there, but I did not.

Chaplain Tony came in at that instant.  I told the group. "When I grow up I want to be just like Chaplain Tony!"  Brother Tony laughed, but no one else did, and that is one of my best jokes!  Yup, they were insulted.



I went ahead and gave them a nice tour of the facility.  They seemed impressed by the hospice, but had no questions and they left.  I gave one of the ladies a prayer square during the tour.

Have you ever had an awkward conversation before?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this blog, click on the "follow" button so you don't miss the next story!

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts