Eight Times Dying!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was leaving the hospice for the day and I walked into the downstairs break room to get a cup of coffee for the road.  There was a short Hispanic lady of about sixty-five years of age.  She was making a pot of decaffeinated coffee.



I had already put my badge up so I introduced myself.  I asked her if she didn't like regular coffee, and see said that she did not anymore.  I kindly told her that when our bodies had have enough of something they let us know!  She agreed!

She then told me that her sixty-four year old brother was a patient here.  He was suffering from a slow growing form of pancreatic cancer.  She said that it started in the pancreas and spread to his liver, then to his stomach and now it was in his lungs!  But he said that he was going to beat it!

She told me that this was his eighth times dying!  He has had three heart attacks, two stokes, and pneumonia, and another condition that I don't remember.  This is the eighth time he should have died!  His third heart attack he was in the ICU at critical condition!  None of his doctors know why he is still alive!



She said that he is ready to go spiritually but not yet ready to go physically.  He is determined to stay alive!  He is very independent.  After his last heart attack, he lost a lot of circulation in his legs, which caused a lot of swelling and the loss of two toes.  No problem, he got a scooter and he was all over town in the scooter!  He said that he is not going to be sitting around!

Do you know of someone who is fiercely independent and determined to stay alive?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you like these stories please click the "follow" button to read them when they are posted.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts