The Pillow Mystery

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was with our new hospice volunteer named Jimmie.  You can read more about him in the post "The Army Counselor."  He is a large bald headed African-American with a skinny beard.

We were standing by the second floor nurses station when a middle aged lady, short and plump, comes out of the room directly across the hallway.  She was holding a pillow and when I asked her if I could help her with anything, she said with some frustration that the pillow had a smell.  She said that it smelled of perfume, and it was not hers.



She was handling the pillow and smelling it and she said that it was not her perfume.  I took the pillow as one of the nurses went to the back storage room.  I assumed that she went for another pillow.  I took the pillow myself and smelled it.  I told her that it probably was detergent from when they washed the pillow case.

It was a plain white hospital type pillow case.  We give out special pillow cases with nice designs on them for patients, by all of the rest are plain white.  The lady said that it could be detergent.  The nurse that had went in the back came out with something else.  The other nurse told me that there are other pillows in the rooms cabinet.



Then the lady smelled it again and said that smell is hand sanitize!  She had been using hand sanitize several times on her hands and she had been handling the pillow.  She was now convinced that it was hand sanitize.  Every room has a hand sanitize dispenser to control germs.

The pillow mystery had been solved!

Do you have a special pillow that you like?  Can you tell us about it in the comments section?

If you like these stories click on the "follow" button so you do not miss any of them.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts