The French Ladies Couch

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was on the third floor with our newest hospice volunteer trainee named Jimmie.  You can read more about him in the post, "The Army Counselor."  When the third floor nurse received a call from the second floor.  They had a problem that they need a couple of strong good looking men to handle!  We fit that bill!



We went downstairs and discovered that a pull out bed in a couch.  Jimmie and I checked it out and found that the bed in the couch had jumped its track and got stuck.  We pulled it out and put it back in its track and pushed it back into the couch.  The job was done.  I do have to admit that Jimmie did most of it.

While we were doing that job I noticed that one of the ladies was speaking French to the patient!  The patient was an older lady who had a tube in her right leg.  Her leg was draining.  I didn't know what the ailment was exactly.



The three ladies were speaking French too each other.  I told them that my ex-wife was from Belgium and had a french name.  The French  patient had married an American GI during the Second World War.  I told them that my ex married an American GI.  I also told them that I had been in Paris three times.  So, we had a little in common!  You can read more about her in the post, "The Switchboard Operator."

Have you ever meet anybody from France?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story please click on the "follow" button so you do not miss the next story.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts