Stressed Out!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I walked into one the back rooms of our hospice.  There was a middle-aged lady in bed, she was the patient.  Her sister was standing next to her.  The patient was not conscious, and the sister next to her was very, very nervous and stressed out!

Image result for stressed

I tried to engage her with some conversation to make her relax.  But I had no effect at all, she just kept saying her sister would not want it like this!  The doctor came in and talk to the sister about the patient.  The sister was very stressed out and I think that made the doctor very stressed out as well.

I just stayed in the background and tried to help after the doctor left.  The sister then said she had to find her other sister who she thought was downstairs.  I left with her, and went to the nurse's station, as she went downstairs.

Image result for stressed

I  saw the other sister walking to the room about fifteen minutes later. So I walked back to the room and informed the other sister that her sister was downstairs looking for her.  This other sister was also very stressed out and unable to really hold a conversation.

It became very obvious that I could do no good here, so I quickly left.  Sometimes there's nothing you can do that will help.  Sometimes the best thing is to let things alone and let things be.  People grieve in different ways, sometimes they need to grieve alone!

Image result for stressed

Have you known a family member or friend being stressed out by a patient?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoy this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg79RZ7cPQiCnc8dytW8AQ?view_as=subscriber

Comments

Popular Posts