Medic From Mississippi

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at the hospice on a Saturday morning and one of the middle rooms talking with the granddaughter of the patient lying in the bed.   We sat there and talked for about two or three hours.  She told me all about her ninety-three-year-old grandfather and her family.

Image result for army medics

She shared with me that her father volunteered, right after the bombing of Pearl Harbor, and joined the United States Army.  The Army made him into a medic. He would serve the entire length of the World War two!

He was a farm boy from countryside of Mississippi.  He was trained and shipped over to first, North Africa, then to France, and later to Germany.  While he was in Germany, the was ended in Europe.  After some months he was able to come home.

Image result for world war two army medics

He returned home and went to school and made a great carrier and raised a family. His granddaughter told me that he almost never spoke about the war and what he had to go through and seen.  She did say that he had a lot of stories about his buddies in the unit and all of the practical jokes they played on each other. 

He even remembered all of the soldiers nicknames, even forty years later! I told her that I thought that it was pretty amazing!  I told his granddaughter sitting before me, that he was an amazing guy, that he lived a blessed life and she was the proof!

Image result for world war two army medics

Do you know of an Army medic?  Can you tell me about it in the comment section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg79RZ7cPQiCnc8dytW8AQ?view_as=subscriber





Comments

Popular Posts