She Wants To Be A Volunteer

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was sitting at the hospice on a beautiful Saturday morning talking with this pretty, middle-aged lady. She was short and very skinny, and only weighed eighty-six pounds!  And she was very talkative, and she talked all morning, and told me many stories about herself and her father.

HOSPICE OF DAVIDSON COUNTY SEEKING VOLUNTEERS - Hospice of ...

Her father is the patient who is quietly lying in bed and resting.  She had been sitting with him for the last two weeks.  I let her know that she was an awesome lady for spending so much time with her father.

In the last two weeks she's grown to love our hospice, and the volunteers, and all the nurses for their loving care of her father.  And she expressed a desire to give back by becoming a future volunteer!  I told her that was an awesome idea!

Qualities of a Good Hospice Volunteer - Volunteer Activities and ...

I told her we would love to have her and that we always need more volunteers.  But she would have to wait at least one year, so that she can have time for emotional healing for herself.  Before she can volunteer here, she must be emotionally strong to help others!

She had heard that already, and she understood why she needs to wait a year, and she was happy to do so.  She said after the year is up, she's definitely going to come here, to volunteer and give back to the place that has given her so much.

Volunteers - Welcome to Village Home Health and Hospice

And she also said that, she would request me to help train her!  It's nice to talk with someone, and be with someone who has desire to give back to society, and to the people who have given so much to her. I look forward to seeing her next year and to share in my ministry with her!

Do you volunteer somewhere, or do you know someone who volunteers anywhere?  Can you share with me about it in the comment section?

If you enjoyed the story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg79RZ7cPQiCnc8dytW8AQ/videos?view_as=subscriber

Comments

Popular Posts