A Day Too Late!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was at home in the evening relaxing when I received a phone call.  The elderly gentleman calling was a friend of my parents but also a friend of mine as well.  In fact, I'm named after him. He and my dad were in the Air Force together and they were drinking buddies!

Image result for later is too late

He lives in the same small town as my mother and I.  We've known him for years and he has been a great friend and neighbor.  Just the same, even though he comes by once in a while, he never calls me.  He has visited and called my parents all the time, but never me.

He called and said that he is neighbor was in the hospice where I serve. He shared with me that Mr. Pillows was a great neighbor, and he was friends with him for decades!  He asked if I could come by and visit with him at our hospice.  This was Tuesday I told him I'd come Saturday coming up, and I would be happy to visit with him.

Image result for a day too late

Saturday morning I got there at my usual time of nine-in-the-morning.  I looked at the census sheet and did not see his name.  His name was Mr. Pillows, a very easy name to remember, plus I also wrote it down.

But it was not on the census sheet, so I walked over to the charge nurse and inquired about him with her. she looked up his name and soon discovered that he had passed away at five-in-the-morning the day before!  Unfortunately, I was a day too late!

Image result for later is too late

So I called my friend from the nurses station, and told him the bad news.  He was very happy I called and we had very long conversation.  he had already know that he had passed away the day before, but he wanted to tell me what a great guy he was, and a great friend and neighbor had always been to him.

We had a wonderful phone conversation about his neighbor, and I think it was very therapeutic for him.  He thanked me profusely or trying to visit with him. I told him it was my pleasure, and that it was a shame he died so quickly.  It's too bad that a death of a mutual friend can cause people to become closer!  We need to find ways to come closer without a death in the family doing it for us.

Image result for later is too late

Has a death in your family brought your family and friends closer together?  Can you tell me about it in the comment section?

If you enjoyed the story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts,blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg79RZ7cPQiCnc8dytW8AQ?view_as=subscriber

Comments

Popular Posts