Tookie

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was in a room visiting a young African-American man of only thirty-eight.  He was the patient and he was dying of brain cancer.  He was so young!  But we have all kinds of folks come in here.  Mostly older people, but younger ones and even children!



On the bench is his mother and a sister.  I had found out that she was Tookies "Baby Mama."  But, anyway, she was his mother.  His father was also there, but he had come later.  I spoke mostly with him.

His mother was in grieving and was not very talkative.  She did tell me that her sons name was Michael, and she started calling him Tookie when he was a baby.  Not long after tookies father walked in she left to go to the break room to eat a bowl of gumbo.



His father said that Tookie was big into bodybuilding and wrestling.  He told me that tookie went to the gym a lot and had a very well built body.  He also loved to watch wrestling matches on TV and at wrestling shows.

It's sad that a young man was dying so early in life.  I wish that I was able to speak to Tookie, I'm sure he is an interesting guy.  What I do know is that his mother loves him!

Do you know of someone who had died young?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts