I Had To Get Away!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was visiting an elderly lady on a nice Saturday afternoon.  She had been resting earlier, but was now awake and alert.  I popped in to see if she was in need of anything, or wanted some company.



She readily agreed to a visit.  I walked around the bed in which she was laying in and pulled up the wooded stool.  Softly sitting next to her we started a conversation.

My discernment told me not to ask about her husband unless she brought it up.  She said that she grew up here in Houston and had a nice upbringing.  But when she became a young lady, she said that she had to get away!  She could not tell me for any particular reason, just that she felt she had to get away!



So, she moved to Dallas, Texas!  She moved away, but not too far.  She got a job and a place to live.  Then she got a very good paying job and then her future was set.  She worked in many jobs, becoming a jack-of-all-trades.  Then she got a job in quality control.

That is where she meet her husband.  She said that sometimes she ate lunch with him at work but mostly eat lunch with her girlfriends. It didn't seem like a romantic story, and so I stayed away from it.
It didn't appear that she wanted to talk about it.



She appeared to be a very nice and kind lady.  It seems she was a carrier girl and very independent all of her life.  It was a joy to talk with her and she loved that I was there to be with her and all of the other volunteers.  She didn't want to be alone and enjoyed the company!

Do you know of someone who enjoys to have company?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any?

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts