The Visa Lottery Winner

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

It was a Friday afternoon and I had just said goodbye to Elisa.  You can read more about that in the post called, "Elisa Leaving!"  Afterwards I went visiting with folks.  I was on the third floor talking with one of the nurses.



One of the nurses was from Kenya.  She was born in the countryside and was raised in Nairobi, the capital of Kenya.  I then asked her how she had gotten here.  She said that she had won the Visa lottery!  That was kind of shocking news!

Tens of Thousands of people around the world apply for immigration visa's from the American government every year.  It usually takes about seven to ten years to receive one unless you have a good reason to have one sooner.



But every year the American government has a visa lottery where they pick some numbers at random and the one's that they pick receive their visa immediately.  It sounds kind of crazy, but the American government is very crazy!

So, for me, it was nice to meet one of those winners!  I told her that I had never met one before.  She is now an American citizen and most of her family has followed her here.  She is a very nice lady.

Do you know of a Visa lottery winner?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts