I Have A Job For You

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had just made some coffee and put some plastic utensils out in the holders.  We were completely out of spoons!  It felt good to fill them up.  I grabbed some mints and headed out.  Offering people a mint is always a great way to break the ice in a room of strangers that I want to start a conversation.



As I walked to the downstairs nurses station, the Charge Nurse smiled at me and said that she had a job for me!  I followed her into the nurses break room and she gave me a CD/radio player.  She asked me if I could take this to a patient who asked for it.

I took it and headed for the room she told me.  The door was closed, so I knocked and came into the room.  There was a big older lady in bed with throat and face cancer.  It's odd to see an overweight person with cancer!  Sitting next to her was her husband, and standing at the foot of the bed was another volunteer.



I gave them the CD player and they paused and said that they needed a DVD player!  They had a stack of movies there.  I told them that we got are letters mixed up!  I said that I didn't think that we had a DVD player.  They nicely said that they understood.

I chatted for only a few minutes with them since I got the vibe that they did not want a visit.  And that is fine.  When people are uncomfortable or in pain, they don't want to be bothered!  I took the CD/radio back to the nurses break room.

Have you ever had a mix up like that before?  Can you tell us about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story please click on the "follow" button so you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts