The Military Brat

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

After talking to Mohammed at the front desk, I made some coffee in the break room.  I then went upstairs and walked to the nurses station.  They all turned around and smiled at me and said that they had a patient to visit!  I knew right there that she was a "problem" patient.  Which means that the patient is very needy!



I was talking to a seventy-nine year old lady.  I know this because she had just had a birthday and she had two birthday balloons floating above a teddy bear!  I had seen it as I walked into her room.  Plus the nurse mentioned it.  I acted surprised and said that she did't look a day over fifty-nine!  She didn't say anything, but it looked like she enjoyed the complement.

She was in the Military all of her life.  Well, not her really.  Her father was in the Air Force for twenty-eight years.  She was born on an Air Force hospital in Chanute Air Force Base,  by Rantoul, Illinois.  It was a technical training base which is now closed.



She married a man in the Army!  He was in the Army for only six years.  So she stayed in the military. She moved all around   He spent eight years in Iraq as an civilian contractor.   He was some kind of an inspector.

Do you know anyone in the military?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop

Comments

  1. My sister and husband are west point grads. My grandfather fought ww2 and was under Gen. Patton. I know many others in the military but those are the ones closest to me. Grandpa was never able to talk about the war. He was a psychological casualty. He was still a successful man but what he went through is beyond what he could speak about .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow,, sounds like you have a lot to be proud of! God bless your family. I served in the Air Force for 4 years. My father served in the Air Force for 23 years. He served in Vietnam, and he didn't talk about it either!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts