It's Been A Hard Seven Years!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

The nurses directed me to one of the back rooms where I could visit with someone.  I walked in and a sixty-four year old man was in bed.  His last bout with cancer was face cancer.  His face was a mess, but a lot of it was still bandaged up!



There was a fifty-seven year old lady next to him on the couch.   She was short, skinny and very short black hair, But it still looked feminine and it looked good on her.  She was a kind and friendly lady, but had a hard stone faced appearance.

She talked about how her father went to England in the fifties and married her English mother.  She told me about all of the places their parents lived in the Army.  Then all of the places her and her husband lived in.  I told her that she really did a lot of moving around!

She told me that her husband next to her was a very smart man but without any degrees.  He was a life long volunteer fireman, drove a gas truck, chemical refinery operator, ranch cowboy, and many other jobs.  He had gotten a different cancer seven years ago.  He has had two types of cancer and has had two strokes due to the treatments.



All of his health issues started seven years ago with two-thousand fourteen being a rest year.  She had been his caretaker all of that time!  I told her that it has been a hard seven years for both of you.

She agreed and said that with all of the medical treatments, she is broke, and would have to find a job.  She was not very happy about that, which I understood.  She lived in El Campo, TX, which she hated.  I said that she needed to move to Houston where there are more jobs.  She hated that idea even more!



She hated big cities because they are so big, but hated small towns because there are no jobs.  She was going to stay because she has family living with her there.  When the nurses came to re-position him, I politely made my exit.  I hope that I made her feel a bit better.

Do you know anyone with face cancer?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts