The Girl Children

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was in the room with the Military Brat, see the post "Military Brat."  Margaret was alert and talkative. She was in some discomfort the whole visit.  She told me a lot of stories of her childhood.  Some of them were good and some were bad.



She told me that their mother and father had five children.  The first was a son and the last four were all girls.  She said that her father loved his son very much and was very close to him.  He spent all of his time with only his son.  The four daughters were referred to in a cold way as "the girl children!"

It seemed to be a classic example of terrible and cruel parenting, love one child and ignore the others.  The son had joined the Army as a carrier and had already passed away.  Both father and son were dead, but the hurt feelings were still with Margaret!  Apparently the problem was never made right and nothing was forgiven.



When she said the phrase "girl children,"  I could see the pain in her eye's!  She said that her father didn't care what his daughter were doing and just wanted them out of his way.  It was very sad story that she shared with me.  I could feel her pain and the pain of not having any closure.

Do you know a military brat?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

Comments

Popular Posts