She was All Alone

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

It was a beautiful evening at the hospice.  Peaceful outside and peaceful inside.  After chatting with the nurses, they directed me to a room with an older lady in bed.



The nurse asked me to sit with her awhile, because she was all alone.  The lady was unconscious, but probably could still hear, since that is the last sense we lose.

Her room had the usual furniture in it, but absolutely no personal effects in it.  There was no evidence of visitors.  No children or friends willing to see her for the last time.

She had no visitors, but God whispered in my ear, saying, "You are there!".  And indeed I was.  I was there with her!  I introduced myself to her, and told her that I would be happy to sit with her and keep her company.

I sat with her for three hours!  Softly telling her how it was a beautiful evening and that I was happy to stay with her.  I called her name several times to make sure she understood that I was talking to her.  It was a quiet evening with only the lights from the hallway and a few lights through the large bay windows.



I considered that a great way to spend the evening.  Three hours well spent!  God loves the lonely and brokenhearted.

Do you know anyone who is alone?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop

Comments

  1. i want to find these souls and spend time with them...i get it...i think God had me feel lonely, so i could in time, be with them. Wherever two or more of you are gathered in my name...wow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Erin, thanks for your thoughtful reply. You can go visit lonely people at any nursing home. They would love your company!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts