Pillow Cases

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was upstairs on the third story putting some mints on the jar, and checking on who I could visit there.  I seen another volunteer walking up the hallway giving out the special pillow cases that a local quilting group make for us.  This lady volunteer was our two-thousand sixteen volunteer of the year award winner!  A very sweet lady with a heart of gold!



I tried to give out pillow cases one time years ago at the request of one of the nurses.  But they are kept in a nice reed basket.  Kinda like a picnic basket.  Anyway, I felt kinda of awkward, a big guy like me with a basket in my arm!  I felt my manhood under attack.  Anyway, the ladies can do that job!

There was a large Ukrainian family at the end of the hallway.  They were Russian speaking Ukrainians.  We have two Russian speaking interpreters who volunteer for us.  A young wife was dying of pancreatic cancer!  She was only thirty-four years old!  Her young husband was dressed in a black suit.  He spoke very little English.  They were all very grief stricken!



The other volunteer and I Went in the third floor family room where most of the family were sitting.  We offered them a pillow case.  At first the mother was a little guarded about it until one of the family told her what we were offering.  When she understood, they she picked out a pillow case.

But the mother was very grief stricken and really didn't want to deal with it, so after she pick one out, we quickly left them.  Sometimes privacy is the best gift you can give people.

Do you know of a grief stricken family?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop



Comments

Popular Posts