What A Beautiful Morning

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had just recently arrived at our hospice, and I was on the third floor.  I was standing at the third floor nurses station and asked if they would like me to make them a pot of coffee.  Karen, the Charge nurses readily agreed!

Image result for making coffee

I walked over to the floor's little break room at the end of the hallway and in the corner.  As I was passing the last room before the break room, one of the nurses aids asked if I could take a patient outside.  I agreed and told her that I would start some coffee first.

I got the coffee started and walked out to see the patient in her bed being rolled out of the room by the aid and the patient's daughter and son.  I told the aid to watch the coffee as I didn't want my special creation to get cold before the lid was closed.  I mixed a little cinnamon into the grounds before brewing!

Image result for hospital beds in the garden

I take over the pushing of the patient's bed and head for the elevator.  The utility elevator is right there, so I head there.  With the very helpful aid of the two adult children, we made it in the elevator.  Hospital beds are very tricky to move around, or especially making turns!

We arrived on the first floor, which was closed due to our current low census, rolled to the end of the hall and to the left and out of the back door.  There we pushed our patient our about thirty feet into our beautiful back garden.

Image result for hospital beds in the garden 

We stayed out there for about thirty minutes, while other volunteers passed behind us getting ready for our "Red tape day."  We stood there and visited with each other and remarked about what a beautiful day it was outside!

 It was still a bit cool even though it was sunny with a wonderful blue sky above.  We then rolled the patient back inside and upstairs to her room.  Going back up we took the other elevator, which when we got to the third floor, had a tight squeeze coming out and getting the corner.

Image result for hospital beds in the garden

Both of the patients kids, they were in their sixties, were very helpful!  We  got around the corner and rolled to the other end of the hallway.  The same aid was there to push her in the room and hook the patient back up.  Meanwhile, I walked over and checked the coffee.  It was taken care of as promised to me!

Have you ever taken a patient outside in their hospital bed?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website:
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog:
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

My YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg79RZ7cPQiCnc8dytW8AQ?view_as=subscriber


Comments

Popular Posts