Her Church Lady Was Here

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was sitting in the volunteer work room with another volunteer named Anita.  Anita's is my partner in volunteering on Saturdays.  I come in and around nine-in-the-morning, and Anita comes in around eleven.  It's an arrangement that works out really well.

Image result for church lady

I was about to leave and do my paperwork, and Anita had just come in sometime before, and we were in the volunteer workroom talking.  I had asked her how she liked the new forms that we have to fill out,. And some other small things.

She then mentioned that one of the patients was from her church.  One of her Bible study members at church was taken here as a patient and Anita went to visit with her.  She told me how ironic it felt for her to visit a fellow church member at the hospice!

Image result for church lady

She had told her she had been a longtime volunteer at the hospice.  That may have been the reason why she chose this one to come to for her care.  But she went and stayed with her, and visited with her, even though it seems strange and ironic.

When volunteering at a hospice you don't know who will be a patient.  Most of the time they are strangers, but sometimes it could be someone you know.  Also it could be somebody that you I have an acquaintance with, or know which neighborhood they are from.

Image result for church lady

You just never know who's going to show up through the front doors!  Anita was blessed to have an opportunity to comfort her friend, which she did!  In a situation like this, it's a very big blessing to be a volunteer at our hospice!

Have you been in a situation where you were surprised by friend?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed the story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop

My website
www.billroopministries.com

My other blog
www.biblicalhermeneuticsposts.blogspot.com

Apostolic Theological Seminary
www.atseminary.com

My YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUg79RZ7cPQiCnc8dytW8AQ?view_as=subscriber

Comments

Popular Posts