Two Tours

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had a busy day at hospice today which included two tours of the facility.  It was a hot summer day today.  I was in a room being shadowed by our new volunteer, Joy, an Korean-American girl, when Sarah peeked in and asked if I can do a tour.  Just as I was beginning my first tour she had to leave for the day.

The first tour was with a five member group.  Elderly folks, one was in a wheel chair.  Four women whom were sisters of the sick patient and one man who was pushing his wife in a wheel chair.  They were very impressed with the facility.  They started to ask some very technical questions and I had to ask for Sarah, our charge nurse to return to answer them.



But they were very friendly and mentioned that their sister had Lymphoma that had returned and was very aggressive.  They had heard of our hospice and it was the first one that they visited and were sold on the place.

My second tour was just before I was fixing to leave for the day.  I was in the volunteer office doing my paperwork, and I noticed Sarah was starting a tour with two Indians.  So, I volunteered to do it. One middle aged man and one older lady dressed in an Indian dress who was his aunt.

Image result for hospice tours

He said that he has been in the United States for the last twelve years.  His aunt was a yoga instructor.  He said that our hospice was recommended by the CEO of the Memorial Hospital System.  Anyway he was pretty much sold before he came in.

He wanted to see the kitchen, so I took him over there to see it, it was closed but he mentioned that he was a vegetarian, so I told him that it would not be a problem.  Our kitchen cooks for all religions and cultures.

Image result for hospice tours


I then showed them the Nondenominational chapel and the back garden, then upstairs to see the shower area.  The man was apprehensive about seeing other patients, I assured him that we would not see any.  As we returned downstairs we ran into Brother Tony, our awesome chaplain.  After a short talk with Tony they left.  Both tours were very successful!

Have you ever given a tour?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the link to follow this blog.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts