Two Queens from Queens

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I had our new volunteer with me, Joy.  You can read more about her in the post "Joy to the Hospice."
We stopped into a room with a man as the patient and two elderly women.  We offered them mints to start a conversation.



One of the women was the wife of the patient and the other one was a sister.  When I asked them where they were from, because they had accents, they just smiled.  They were originally from Queens, New York.  One sister lived here in Houston, and the other sister lived in San Diego.  Lakeside, California was the exact town.



They both came south and loved the warm weather and never returned north.  Both of them were retired.  They were not real talkative and so we did not stay too long.  They did notice that I was very tall and had me retrieve a balloon that was floating on the ceiling, this I did and gave it to Joy.  It just looked much better on her than it did on me!

Do you know anyone from Queens, New York?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts