The Baby Bird

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was just leaving the hospice after about four hours of visiting and helping people.  So as is my routine, I stopped and chatted with Al the security guard at the front.  I was there and also Anita, another volunteer and Al.

The three of us were talking and this young Chinese girl came in with a little baby bird in her cupped hands!  In very broken English, she said that she had been walking by the hospice and had seen this little baby bird on the ground.  It was by a tree and there was a nest up in the tree.  She assumed that the little fellow had fallen out of the nest.



This very young and thin Chinese girl is a post-graduate student here.  She is originally from Inner Mongolia China and is here for school.  She is a very nice and sweet girl.

Just as we were talking and looking at the bird and trying to figure out what to do about the little fellow, a woman walks by us.  She is a visitor and she said that she knows someone to call about the bird.  I am a bit relieved since I really need to go.  The lady walks in the hospice.

We ask Al if he has a box to but the bird in, he does and the bird has a new home.  That's when two older ladies come in and I ask them immediately if they have any bugs!  The two ladies are mildly amused and answer in the negative.

The ladies are there for a tour of the facility.  (See the post "Preparing for the Worst").  So, I excuse myself and give them a tour.  I always do enjoy giving tours.

I return the the front and Al and Anita are still there and the baby bird is in the box.  The lady who said that she knew someone came back and said that her friend said to take the baby bird to the zoo or to an animal shelter.



 So Al tells us that the Chinese girl said that she was coming back to check up on the bird later.  So Anita and I quickly agree that Al should tell her to take the bird to the zoo, which is actually just around the corner.  Problem solved and I am out of there!

Does anyone else had a baby bird to take care of?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts