The Argument!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I woke up this morning with a very bad headache.  I got up at five-thirty this Saturday morning.  It did feel good to sleep in this morning!  I normally am up by three in the morning for work, but not on the weekends, I get to sleep in!

So, I did eat a few cherry's and took some aspirin to relieve my headache.  But until the aspirin started to work I just sat in the recliner until I felt better.  That made breakfast delayed until I felt better enough to make it.  So, because breakfast ran late, that made me late for hospice!

So, I roll in to hospice a bit later than normal.  It was already getting hot out, and the parking lot is beginning to fill up.  I stumble out of my truck, coffee cup in hand and my shades on, ready for action!

As soon as I walk in I put my stuff in the volunteer office and I hear load voices and the chairs being moved around kinda roughly!  I got my badge on and walk int the downstairs break room where the commotion was coming from.  As I round the corner I hear yelling!



 I walk into the break room and I see one young clean-cut white man sitting at the table and another one with long bushy hair and facial hair standing across the table.  Both are yelling at each other.  The one standing swings around as I come in and walks past me in a huff!  The one seated then puts his hand over his face.

I was going to check the coffee pots and put cups out and to give a little cool off time to the young man.
I intended to speak with the gentleman and see if I could offer some assistance, but as I turn around I see him walking away.



I felt that I had lost an opportunity to help them!  Although I am not a chaplain, I have counseled people before with some good success.  Jesus said that we should be peacemakers!  He Himself is the Prince of Peace.  I tried to find both gentlemen all morning but I guess the had left the hospice.  This was an opportunity lost!

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts