I Like To Take Care Of My Own Business!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I went in to hospice this evening to volunteer on a nice warm Saturday evening.  I made some coffee, and did some light clean up.  I checked the patient board in the office about whom I could visit.  I meet some nice folks in the break room.

After chatting with the nurses at the nurses station, I found a patient to visit with this evening.  She was an elderly lady, I would say about in her seventies.  She was elderly, but young enough to still have a sharp mind!  She was sitting up in bed and had a lot of papers all around her and she had just gotten off the phone.



I walked in and introduced myself and asked if she wanted some company.  I was actually expecting her to say no, but to my surprise, she said yes.  She said that she could use a break from her current business.

I exclaimed that she looked very busy.  She replied that even though she was dying, she still could take care of herself!  I said that "you sure can!"  She was making all of the necessary arrangements concerning her upcoming death!

 She said that she didn't want to burden her family with all of it.  She also mentioned that she wanted to make sure that those arrangements were correct and timely.  I perceived  that it was more about the later.  I was pleasantly impressed that she was clear headed and had a sharp enough mind to tackle it all, regardless of her disease.  She was a very impressive lady!



I asked if she could get some help with all of that, and she looked at me and said that, "she liked to take care of her own business!"  I exclaimed, "yes you do!"  I left very impressed with her can do spirit.

Do you know of someone who likes to handle their own affairs?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts