The Great Mule Story!

Hello everyone.

I just remembered a funny hospice story from five years ago.  I would like to share it with you.

I came in to volunteer one Saturday evening and in the middle of visiting patients and family members, one of our wonderful nurses told me a story.



She told me how that she was raised on a farm in East Texas.  Her father had a mule that he used for plowing fields and other farm duties.  She also said that her mother was a fantastic cook!

She said that her father used to say that his mule would work all morning until noon, then the mule would just stop working.  The mule would not continue working until one o'clock, a one hour break.  No matter what he tried to get the mule to work that hour, he would not work!  I didn't believe her, but she insisted that the story was true!

So, I emailed the National Mule Association in California!  Yes, there is indeed such an association!  I asked them if that the story could be possible.  They emailed back and said that they had never heard of such a thing and said that it was probably just a funny made up story.



The next week I found that nurse and showed her the email and we all had a good laugh about it all.  But, she still insisted that the story was indeed true!

We can have some fun, even at a hospice!

Does anyone else have a mule story?  Can you share it with me in the comments section?

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts