Light Complaining Is Good

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

After having my long discussion with the "overcoming volunteer" in the downstairs break room, {See my post called "The Overcoming Volunteer")  I took the mint jar and went upstairs to fill the mint jars.  They made a change and now each station has two jars for two different type of mints!  We are getting a bit fancy at our hospice.

As I was walking down the hall I had seen that Nick was awake.  So, after filling up the mint jar at the nurses station, I went to visit with Nick.  Nick has been here since February, (see my post called Cocaine and Needles).  He is a homeless middle aged man who has AIDS and Hepatitis C.



So, I sat down with Nick, just after he had eaten breakfast, while he was watching TV.  Nick was rearranging all of his extra items around on the table and complaining about everything.  Complaining comes natural to Nick, so it was not unusual.  A little light complaining was a sign that Nick was feeling good.  He was in his natural zone.

Nick complained about the people across the hall.  H accused them of letting the grand daughter run around a cause a bunch of noise.  I had spoken to the child's mother a little earlier and she was a nice lady.  I didn't tell Nick any of that though.

Nick also complained that the nurses had told him that all of the extra food and snacks he had been hording would have to be thrown away.  He was thinking of a way to hide it all!  Homeless people horde things.  He was trying to work out a deal with the nurses.



In all total he spent about an hour complaining about things, not heavy complaining, but just light complaining.  I asked him about his legs, and he said that sometimes they worked and sometimes he could not move them.  But he was in a general good mood, for Nick.

Do you know someone who complains a lot?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you liked this story please click on the "follow" button so that you don't miss any.

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts