Did You Notice Anything Different?

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

After checking on a baby that we have in respite care.  She was sleeping.  I went down the hallway to visit with Nick.  He is our homeless patient that we have had since February.  See my post called "Cocaine and Needles."

He is awake now, so I walked in and hung out with him.  He is turning channels on the TV trying to find something to watch.  He stops at a World Cup game.  He said that he would watch a World Cup game if there was nothing else to watch!



With fruit and cereal and him eating ice cream, I told nick that I know his favorite things to eat.  He said that he does sometimes eat what the kitchen brings him.  But, its too spicy he says, he has a bad stomach he says.

Then he looks at me with a little smile, and asks, "Did you notice anything different?"  I look around, and I see a roll of toilet paper on the table.  I said, "It's the toilet Paper?"  Nick smiles and said no, he had always had that, but in his bed.

He asked me if I was further away this time (I was sitting on the couch)?  I said that I thought that I was.  Then he wily said it was his bed.  It was a new bed, the other one was broken and they finally gave him a new one.  The old one could not inflate in the middle to support the back and he said that it was uncomfortable.   He seemed well pleased to have it.



Did you ever seemed pleased to have a new bed?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts