Guest Speaker!

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

I was just sitting here and I turned on my Facebook page and I had seen a Facebook memory, from seven years ago!  I'm sure that you have those as well.  A memory came up of a hospice visit that I did just before I started this blog.  It was a nice surprise because it made me remember a day that I had
forgotten about!



I should have started sooner, but it was that day that put the whole idea in my tiny brain!  Starting this blog has been a learning experience.  My first blog entries are not very good and I hope that they  have been getting better.

The hospice has about three training classes a year.  On the last of the four days of training, they have for thirty minutes a three volunteers who come in to be guest speakers.  One experienced volunteer, one volunteer who has been there three or four years, and one brand new volunteer.

That day I was the two or three year volunteer!  But since then I have played all three rolls.  Remember, this day was seven years ago!  All three times were great fun!  I always look forward to those rare days.



They put three chairs in front of the long meeting with about thirty new volunteers in training.  The three guest speaker volunteers sit in the chairs and the new trainees ask us questions about our experience.  The questions are always very good and insightful.  The Head Volunteer Coordinator also asked us questions as well.

I answered several questions and at the end was asked to tell my favorite visit.  I told the story in my post "My husband is now in the room!"  A beautiful love story!

When that was over and they resumed the training, I went upstairs and rocked a baby for two hours!  We had a beautiful baby whom was a patient and was dying.  That was a two hours well spent!



Have you ever been a guest speaker?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

Brother Roop

Comments

Popular Posts