Action Ministries

Hello everyone.  Praise the Lord!

It was a beautiful Saturday morning at our hospice.  I had just made some coffee for our guests.  I then started to walk around visiting patients and family members.  I was passing out mints as a way to start a conversation.  Everyone would like a mint!


            I walked into one room with an elderly man was unconscious and lying in bed, and an elderly lady sitting in the chair reading a book.  I introduce myself and offer her a mint.  She smiles, thanks me, and take a few.

            We started talking, and she tells me that when she and her husband had retired from their jobs, they sold all of their material possessions!  I certainly don’t hear of that every day!  I told her that that was a huge decision to make and seldom does anyone do it!


            This wonderful Christian couple took their faith seriously! I told her that and she laughed and agreed.  They took all of the money and started a non-profit ministry called, “Action Ministries!”  Action Ministries mobilizes communities to address the challenge of poverty, by focusing on hunger relief, housing, and education.

            This ministry has been the work for years for them and their three children.  This wonderful Christian couple was very happy that all three of their children has been saved through Jesus Christ, and are working with them in their ministry! 



            We had a very nice conversation; they were very content with the condition of the father.  They all knew that his life was to end here in this world, and a new life would begin in Glory!  What a wonderful blessing!  What a blessing to know that all of your children are spiritually saved!


Do you have a ministry that you have started, even at great cost?  Can you tell me about it in the comments section?

If you enjoyed this story you can click on the "follow" button so you don't miss any.

Brother Roop


Comments

Popular Posts